Food Industry in South India
There are several factors contributing to making South India a happy hunting ground for the growth of the food industry. There are two food parks and one mega food park operating in Tamil Nadu.
Agriculture, in other southern states like Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Kerala contributes substantially to the state’s GDP.
- With favorable agro-climatic conditions, diverse soils which foster growth of food grains, vegetables, fruits, spices, and herbs, Tamil Nadu is one of the largest producers of agro, horticulture, Poultry, dairy and marine products in India
- Karnataka is the largest producer of coffee, cocoa and spices and holds pride of place in its export of marine products.
- Kerala is renowned for its coconut crop, coconut-based products like edible coconut oil, spray dried coconut milk powder, etc. Kerala also is noteworthy for its booming marine industry.
- Andhra Pradesh & Telangana boasts of being the highest producer of maize in the country. It is also famous for its extensive fisheries, oil seeds and fruits.
Rapidly changing lifestyles too have played their part in propelling the processed food industry. Exposure to western lifestyle, increase in the number of working women, nuclear families and double incomes among the growing urban population has led to more spending and a significant increase in demand for processed, ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat food.
The Government Policies – incentives, tax cuts, excise duty exemption on fruits and vegetables processing, have helped to boost the food industry. Other measures include reduction of custom duty on freezer vans, land allotment in various industrial parks, single window clearance for agro-based industries, which has been declared as a priority sector, etc. The food Industry in Tamil Nadu can look forward to a bright future.
FOOD SOUTH is organized by SMART EXPOS & FAIRS (INDIA) PVT. LTD., (SEFIPL) has outstanding expertise and experience in organizing B2B expos and marketing initiatives in India for the last 11 years.
Smart Expos started its journey with an expo related to the Packaging Industry and extended its wings to cover other subjects - Plastics, Rubber, Manufacturing, Electronics, Electricals & Power, Logistics, Material Handling, Warehousing & Storage, Solar & LED, Food Ingredients & Processing, Auto Components and Engineering & Machine Tool Industries and Coatings & Paints, a Chemistry & Technology Expo. The primary focus is SOUTH INDIA as this part of India has great scope to grow in the coming years. With a vast international and domestic exposure, SEFIPL creates opportunities and delivers value in the B2B segments. The International exhibitions are held in KENYA, SRI LANKA, MYANMAR, VIETNAM AND SOUTH AFRICA through the associate company ENTERPRISING FAIRS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED (EFIPL).
The major strengths of SEFIPL are understanding the exhibitors expectations and bring in the right target audience to offer enhanced business opportunities. The foot falls are good, the quality is perfect and the outcomes are satisfactory.
SEFIPL’s experienced team has excellent domain knowledge which is seen as an additional strength
- Food Processing Machinery and Plant Equipment
- Marine and aquatic product processing
- Meat and poultry processing
- Sago and starch production plants,
- Potato processing technology
- Noodle and pasta manufacturing
- Edible fat & oil technology
- Vegetables and fruit processing
- Wine and beverage plant
- Sugar plant
- Post harvest technology, grain milling, cleaning, sorting
- Dairy product processing and ice cream plants
- Baking and confectionery machinery
- Hot & cold beverage / ice cream vending machines
- Fruit juice processing
- Bottled drinking water
- Manufacturers and Suppliers of Packaging Machinery, Equipment and Material
- Food packaging machines
- Bottling plants
- Tetra packaging / canning
- Labeling and batch coding machines and technology
- Quality checking and sorting machines
- Packaging materials like films, paper, foils
- Plastic materials like blister and skin packaging and plastic molds
- Caps for cans and bottles
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Plant
- Refrigeration plants & cold Rooms
- Air-conditioning and heating technology
- Automation, Quality and Hygiene
- Automation, control technology and management
- Analysis, laboratory and checking equipment
- Food processing hygiene technology
- Institutions working in field of R&D and new technology
- Bulk Material Handling and Storage Equipment
- Conveyors, elevators and rotary separators
- Refrigerated vans/trucks
- Storage facilities, tanks
- Raw Ingredients, Environment Management
- Raw ingredients colors and Flavors
- Waste removal, recycling, environmental protection
- Health, safety and fire protection
- Power and water management
- Food sector infrastructure
- Retail Solution Providers
- Traders in food, beverage and agricultural produce
- Large mall and department owners
- Logistics solution providers
Why To Exhibit
Why To Exhibit in FOOD SOUTH?
PACKAGING & FOOD INDUSTRY SYNERGY - Wealth of data related to FOOD Industry!
Smart Expos has outstanding expertise and experience in organizing B2B trade shows and marketing initiatives in India and abroad. The Concurrent events are COMPACK - 7th Edition Complete Packaging Expo and LOGMAT - 4th Edition Logistics, Material Handling, Warehousing & Storage Expo.
So far six editions have been held and the seventh one will be a co-located show with FOOD SOUTH - 2nd Edtion. Over 75% of the visitors to all the editions of COMPACK were from the FOOD INDUSTRY. So established is the show that these visitors from the FOOD INDUSTRY have come from all over South India. There is a great synergy between the FOOD & PACKAGING sectors. Besides the COMPACK - 7th Edition and our LOGMAT - 4th Edition also has drawn a large number of visitors from the FOOD INDUSTRY.
In addition, SMART EXPOS has excellent connections with all the Industry Associations in all the southern states - assured access to authentic database on all the manufacturers. Drawing on it, we can successfully bring in a large number of visitors, manufacturers, professionals and traders to FOOD SOUTH - 2nd Edtion from these industries. A very effective way of direct marketing, this trade show enables exhibitors to demonstrate Machinery, Equipment and Processes to prospective buyers right on the shopfloor and close the deal in the shortest span.
FOOD SOUTH - 2nd Edtion will...
- Be an excellent platform for demonstrating and showcasing Food Processing and Packaging Machinery and Technologies.
- Provide access to visitors database, post event.
- Strengthen your relationship with current customers and break ice with new ones.
- Facilitate expansion of business networks, and business partners and agents.
- Save tremendous cost and time on travelling and organizing meetings.
Who will Visit?
FOOD SOUTH - 2nd Edtion will be attended by professionals from the Food Processing, Packaging and allied Industries. Visitors will get an opportunity to network with thousands of industry peers; watch machine and technology demonstrations; get updated on the latest industry trends and technology from food ingredients, machinery to niche products and market outlets
Visitor Promotion Plan
- DIRECT INVITATIONS TO:
- Industry Oriented Decision Makers
- R & D Sectors
- All Major Corporates
- B2B Manufacturers
- B2B Traders
- SOCIAL MEDIAS:
- Google +
- DIGITAL MEDIA CAMPAIGNS:
- PRINT ADVERTISEMENTS IN:
- Media Partners
- Mfrs. & Traders Association Magazines
- B2B Publications
- English & Tamil Newspapers
- BANNER PROMOTIONS IN:
- Industrial Areas
- All Major City’s Commercial Junctions
- Bus Back Panels
- Manufacturers and packagers of processed food and beverages
- Food technologists, research and food scientists, production managers
- Producers of cereal-based foods, spices, sauces, jams, cookies, chocolate
- Dairy, milk products and ice cream industry
- Bakers, snack food and spices makers
- Professionals from beverages industry like bottling plants
- Processed meat and seafood producers
- Processed fruit and vegetable producers
- Food ingredient wholesale traders and distributors
- New entrepreneurs from food industry
- Professionals from large hotel chains, restaurants big malls
- Banks and finance institutions
- Insurance companies
- Agriculture and food processing related government institutions
Why To Visit?
Comprehensive B2B Expo for Food Industry
If you are a professional from the Food Processing, Packaging or allied Industries, then don't miss FOOD SOUTH - 2nd Edtion! You will get an opportunity to network with thousands of industry peers; watch machine and technology demonstrations; get updated on the latest industry trends and technology from food ingredients, machinery to niche products and market outlets. FOOD SOUTH - 2nd Edtion will be an excellent platform to view demonstrations of Food Processing and Packaging Machinery and Technologies.
Who will Exhibit?
Manufacturers and Suppliers of Food Processing Machinery and equipment, food packaging machinery, beverage plant manufacturers, suppliers or service providers, food packaging material, and ingredients suppliers to the food industry.
View exhibit profile.
Date & Timing:
Date: 24 June 2016, Timing: 10:00am To 06:00pm